The registration window for JEE Main 2019 April session is opening soon, from February 8. Interested students are required to register themselves on or before March 7, on the official website of JEE Main, i.e. jeemain.nic.in. JEE Main 2019 second session will be conducted in eight slots from April 6 to 20.
JEE Main is conducted every year for providing admission to candidates interested in pursuing B.Tech./B.E. or B.Arch./B. Des. Coursesat the topmost and best colleges of India. The exam is to be conducted twice a year from 2019 onwards. National Testing Agency (NTA) has already conducted JEE Main 2019 January session and hasreleased the schedule ofthe second session of JEE Main 2019.
Results for JEE Main 2019 January session are already announced. So, students who couldn’t do their best in the January sessionhave another chance to improve their score in the second session of JEE Main. Around 11 lakh students appeared for the January session, out of which 1.8 lakh sat for the architecture paper.
Students who have already appeared once for the JEE Main exam are also eligible to sit again for the April session. Allotment of seats in engineering and architecture courses will be done on the basis of the best of the two scores of JEE Main (1) and JEE Main (2).
Why is it beneficial to take the second JEE Main Exam?
Taking the second JEE Main Exam is recommended to every student who is seriously looking to secure a seat in the topmost engineering or architecture colleges of India. It may be possible that in the January session, students might not have prepared or revised each and every topic, so, there is this golden opportunity to improve their preparation and hence score well in the April session.
As class 12th board exams are coming up, students will be preparing many topics from their syllabus, which are related to JEE Main as well. So, after the board exam, when they will sit for the April session of JEE Main and attempt questions from those topics, they are likely to do better than January attempt.
Also, in the first attempt, students would have encountered their weak areas, concepts, the difficulty level of the paper and the exam pattern. After knowing all of that, students can work on their weak areas and do better in the April session. So, for students who have already taken up JEE Main 2019 once, there is no harm in giving it another try, even if you scored pretty well in the January session. There is always some scope to improve and if you have the chance to do better, then, why not?
Registration Window for JEE Main April Session
From February 8, students who are interested in appearing for the second session of JEE Main, can register themselves on the official website of JEE Main, i.e., www.jeemain.nic.in. The last date to apply is March 7, after that, no one will be allowed to sit for JEE Main 2019.
The exam will be conducted in online mode from April 6 to 20 in eight slots, where each slot can accommodate approximately 2 lakh candidates. Paper 1, like the January session, will be completely onlinehaving 3 sections -Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 30 questions in each section. Every correct answer holding 4 marks and every incorrect answer deducting one mark.
JEE Main Paper 2 for architecture aspirants will have three sections- Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing Test. Mathematics and Aptitude will be online and Drawing Test will be pencil-and-paper based.
STEPS TO REGISTER FOR SECOND JEE MAIN 2019
By following the simple steps mentioned below, students can easily register themselves for the April session of JEE Main 2019.
- Go to the official website of JEE Main (www.jeemain.nic.in)
- If you already have an account then log in by using your application number and password, or else, create an account by providing details like name, email id, phone number, etc.
- Fill the online application form by mentioning personal, academic and contact details correctly.
- Upon filling the form, upload the scanned documents in .jpg or .jpeg format in the prescribed size.
- The final step will be to pay the application fee, which can be done in either online or offline mode.
- Once the application fee is also submitted, hit the submit button, and save the filled application form.
DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT EACH STEP
STEP 1- REGISTRATION
In order to register yourself for JEE Main April session, click on “Apply for JEE Main 2019” button and then click on “Proceed to Apply Online”. A form will open, where students will have to fill the following information:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- State of Eligibility
- Identification ID
- Type of identification provided (Aadhaar/Student ID/Passport/Ration Card/Bank Account)
- Security Pin
STEP 2- Filling of Online Application Form
Next, the candidates will have to fill in the online application form by giving the following information, which should be valid in nature.
- Examination Related Details- Select the paper you will be appearing for (engineering or architecture) and select the preferred language of the question paper.
- Personal Details- Here, students have to fill in their name, parents’ name, gender, category, whether they fall under the category of Person with Disability or not, etc.
- Qualifying Examination Details- Information like mark secured in class 10th and 12th board exam, etc.
- Contact Details- The address of the candidate is to be filled, and it is not compulsory that it matches with the address mentioned on the Aadhar Card.
- Selection of Exam Centres- Students have to select four cities according to their preference to appear for the exam.
STEP 3- UPLOADING OF SCANNED DOCUMENTS
Students have to upload the scanned images of their signature and photograph in jpg or jpeg format. The scanned photograph should be between 10KB and 200KB with dimension 3.5cm X 4.5cm and the scanned signature should be of dimension 3.5cm X 1.5cm with the size between 4KB and 300KB.
STEP 4- PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE
Finally, students have to pay the required application fee in either online or offline mode. For online mode, students can pay via Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking methods and through e-challan for paying the fee via offline mode.
Students are advised to sit for the second JEE Main 2019, as admission to engineering and architecture courses will be done on the basis of the best of the two scores of JEE Main (1) and JEE Main (2). So, in case, after the results are announced, your marks in January session were better than the April session, admission will be provided to you on the basis of your January score.
There is nothing to lose, and, according to most of the experts, students are likely to do better in the April session than January session, as they will be preparing themselves better by focusing on the mistakes committed in the 1st session.