Already true to our knowledge, the most important aspect to excel in any competitive examination is the execution of right strategy and this can only happen if the right preparation plan is followed. JEE Main 2018 results were recently declared and all engineering aspirants must already gear up for JEE Main 2019 exam and we’ll tell you why and how.
JEE Main, one of the most strenuous examination attracts enormous students. If we are to believe the statistics, every year around 12 lakh candidates appear for the exam out of this, top 2.2 lakhs get shortlisted for JEE Advanced.
However, when we divert our attention on preparation, some of the important things include management of time, topics and chapters that the candidates must focus depending on the weightage given etc. Keep reading the article given below to know more about JEE Main 2019 Preparation Strategies along with the year wise, subject and topic wise analysis.
Prepare for JEE Main 2019: With Coaching or Without Coaching?
As JEE Main is one of the toughest entrance exams conducted for admission to B.Tech or B.Arch program, so students opt for coaching which has also become a trend nowadays. However, joining a coaching institute does help but it’s not necessary that one who joins coaching institute will qualify the exam. The study material that you get from the institute will help in building a strong base for the prestigious entrance exam. Also, students need to devise their study as per the study pattern of the respective institutes. If you need a guidance to study correctly then you can join any of the reputed institutes like FIITJEE or Sri Chaitanya.
Students can also study on their own as self-study is always the best option. Self-study proves to be as good as joining a coaching institute provided you plan your time table and follow the same strictly. Start focusing on NCERT books before studying any other book. Joining an institute or not isn’t that vital. What’s more important is student’s hard work and dedication towards their study.
Self-Studying Strategies for JEE Main 2019
Students should start their preparation for JEE Main 2019 in time. Candidates are advised to make a time table and follow the same strictly. We have devised some strategies that will help students to clear JEE Main 2019 with a good score.
- Study regularly and make a time table and follow it rigorously.
- Make short term targets and focus on each subject equally.
- Before switching to JEE Main 2019 books first clear concepts from Class 11 and 12 NCERT Books.
- Study regularly at least for 6-7 hours a day.
- Follow the study pattern of coaching institute and complete assignments regularly or time to time.
- Basically focus on Concepts, Practice, Speed and Accuracy.
- Make notes of each concept and regularly read them.
- Prepare a separate notebook for your doubts and clear those doubts by taking help from teachers.
- For efficient preparation, consistent revision is necessary. Your notes will help you during your revision time.
- Solve previous year question papers as it will help you in assessing your performance.
- Candidates can also take online mock test if they are planning to give JEE Main 2019 online examination online. Various sites offer quality mock tests.
- Complete the syllabus in time and don’t forget to get the right reference books.
Subject Wise Strategy for JEE Main 2019
Candidates must plan their strategy for JEE Main 2019 in accordance to every subject. For student’s ease, the subject wise strategy for their reference is given below:
To score good in Physics, students must focus on understanding concepts and solving problems. Rather than memorizing the formulas candidates must understand the basics of the subject. Numerical as well as conceptual problems both are equally important for JEE Main 2019 examination.
To understand the basics of Inorganic Chemistry, prefer Class 11 and 12 NCERT book. Understand and learn all the Named reactions. For Physical Chemistry, study from NCERT book and understand all the concepts clearly. After you are done with all the chapters given in the book, write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for speedy reference while solving problems.
Of all the three subjects, Mathematics is the one which requires a lot of practice. Candidates must make surethat concepts and formulae are at their fingertips. As there is a time limit in the examination, students need to focus on the shortcuts and tricks for solving the problems. Candidates are required to understand the basic idea behind every problem. A working amount of memory is required to recall the formulas and methods. So don’t go in with the expectation that everything is just thought and understanding-oriented.